Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Speaking Into Lives

Speaking into someone's life means having a place in their life in the first place.  But, what I am finding is that most people don't want to do the day to day walk with others.....they simply seem to feel the need to swoop in and save the day with spiritual truth and wisdom.  And that is good stuff.  Except for the swooping.  When people swoop in, I feel like a mouse with a hawk swooping overhead.  Vulnerable.  Because I don't feel like they have my life or my hurts or my feelings in their mind.  I feel like they have an agenda.  Like I am a notch in their belt "people I have fixed."  And it hurts me.
My aunt pretty much told me that it was ok that I was blunt.  And that if I decided that I changed my mind, she'd be around.  No encouragement.  No consoling that I must be hurting.  Nope.  So...maybe I'll hear from her next year.  I thought about writing back and explaining how that feels.
But....I haven't yet.
Relationships  They matter.  A lot.  The day to day down and dirty kind.  That stay and wallow in the mud and slide down the rainbows.  They aren't dependent on weather.  They just are.  Always.  And those people....THEY can speak into my life.  I trust them to tell the truth.  Not just agree.  But to see me.  To want what is best for me.
Who knew that those kinds of relationships would be so few?  But so pleasant.  So satisfying.  I'll take a few of those over dozens of the other any day.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.