Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Painting

I am not an "artiste".  Go ahead, pronounce it the french way....it's fun. But I have artistic tendencies that beg to be let out to play quite often.  I find joy in painting.  No, now stop thinking Michelangelo and think.....Tim the Toolman Taylor.  I know.  Quite the picture.  Me with my "tools" of the trade.  Dressed in my best work clothes.  Shaking paint cans.  Painting layer after layer.  Sanding.  Redoing.  Letting it sit.  Coming back to it.  Seeing a new possibility.  All on furniture.
I love giving new life.  It makes me feel inspired.  Filled up.  Overflowing.  It is an outward expression of what I feel He has done for me.  Not just covered over, but made beautiful.  Not thrown out, but made more valuable.
I am in a very precarious spot these days.  I totter.  But I don't tumble.  Just like a Weeble.  I wobble, but I don't fall down.  Because I am held.  And not only held, but cherished.  And made beautiful.  And useful.  And like I do with the furniture, He makes  my dings and damage look....inspiring....hopeful.....a message to those coming behind that it's never too late and the damage is never permanently ugly.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.