Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sanding is Good For the Soul

Getting back to the things that fill me up is important.  And...while it seems weird, playing in the dirt while gardening and hand sanding and painting furniture top my list.  Well, right under writing.  I have sanded a table today.  Yes, by hand.  And I've even started painting it too.  I've been so inspired when I look up the beautiful pieces of french furnishings.  I know...white is not the fashion now.  Right?  But, give me crystals and shimmery stuff and mirrors and white furnishings.  I'm hooked.  Really hooked.  I stare around my living room and I see the bones for the beauty.  Kinda like my life.  Now, it needs some work.  Some adding.  Some taking away.
But the bottom line is.....both take work.  And the work....it's part of what makes ME beautiful.  It gives me time to pray  And think.  And revel in something I enjoy.  It allows me.......success.  Not on anyone else's meter.  Just mine.  It's refreshing.  Inspiring.  Hope bringing.
Who knew that a piece of sandpaper was full of joy, peace and hope?
blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.