Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Process

I am painting a cabinet.  First, I had to gt rid of all of the peeling off veneer.  Then, I had to sand.  And sand.  And sand.  Then I cleaned it.  Vacuumed.  Wiped it down.  Then I painted a coat.  And another.  And another.  Green.  Blue.  Green.  Blue.  Think french decor colors of green and blue.  Then, finally, I began with the white.  So far, I have ten coats of paint.  I am currently waiting for it to dry so that I can sand it and paint white again.  Each step along the way, it looked SO pretty.  After several coats of the green and blue it had the most amazing look....and, I wanted to stop.  But, it was supposed to be white.  So, I picked up the brush to begin "whitewashing" over my pretty finish.  It was so hard.  I did a light coat to get it going.  Then another.  Then another.  Finally, it's nearly solid white.  And it's pretty.  And the colors underneath will show through.  And will keep the white from being all yellowed from the old dry wood and stain that was soaked into the wood.  They have purpose, those pretty layers underneath.
Just like experiences and places along my way in life.  And sometimes, I want to stop there.  To linger there.  But, I need to continue on to the goal.  To get to where I am intended to be.  Not held back by being afraid that it will be different or not as pretty.  It will be pretty in a whole new,unique way.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.