Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Food

Words are like food to me.  They sustain me.  Kind words.  Encouragement.  Someone just taking the time to talk.  It's nourishing to my soul.
And when I am filled up, it's great...because it's non-fattening.;)  The thing is that sometimes words are hurtful.  And they are like poison to me.  They eat away at my soul.
So, I have to learn how to spit out the bad.  Not ingest it.  Label them with a skull and crossbones.  Put them in a brown bottle and put them out of sight.
But, sometimes, I am like a child, just drinking in whatever I see (or hear).  And it causes problems.  Because words are so important to me.
But I am learning.  Watching my diet.  Watching where I go to "eat".  Being wiser.  Keeping me safe.  Giving myself the best chance to thrive.  To heal.  To grow strong.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.