Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Looking Back

Recently I have gone back to the beginning of my blog to see where I started.  And what's interesting is....I still feel the same way.  I finally know what is true.  I finally understand what his behaviors have done...to me.  Yes, I understood that he was sorry.  Or that he said so,  but what I had to understand is that his behavior HURT me.  It changed my life.  Over and over.  But the other thing I've realized is that I've forgiven.  And am in the process of forgiving day to day.  It's hard to forgive with him in the house.  Because it makes me vulnerable.  But, still, it's who I am.  So, I've been working on that hard thing.  Though it leaves me vulnerable.  And though I have to work hard to remember why I am here.
I have looked back.  There is hard stuff.  And...there is good.  All together.  And both are a part of me.  Of my story.  Of my future.  But how they play out in my future is up to how I choose to live.
And I choose peace.  And joy.  And love.  And kindness.  And growing up.
grace to you.
be blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.