Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Choose

I chose.  I choose.  I move.  I stay.  I have to live with what I do or don't do.  I have to take responsibility for where I am and how I am in my life.  I have to take action.  I have to know that I allowed his behavior.  It kills me.  I did not stand up as I should have.  I wanted to.  I thought that I could.  But, somehow, I guess that I got tired.  Worn down.
He still has that way about him.  He is biding his time.
Well, as of today I know that I won't stay legally separated.  I will divorce him.  I will do whatever it takes for him to have to face that I am done.  Finished.  He needs to own what HE did.  He needs to quit going around being a victim.  He needs to leave me alone.
I get to choose action.  What action.
And I get to choose to be kind.  I will be kind enough to finish it off and not leave anyone wondering...especially him. 
I choose to grow.  To be healthy.  I choose to be the woman I am supposed to be.  Not a victim.  And I choose to do it no matter who goes with me or does not.  I will do what I have to do.  And though it won't be easy, it wil be possible.  And someday it will be in the past.
I choose.  Day by day.  I can't do anything to choose for others.  I choose to love well.  I choose to be friendly.  And I choose to figure out how to make it.  Without excuse.
On my way.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.