Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Value

My value is not based on who wants to be with me.  It's not based on how well I do. It's not based on being a great or not so great mom. It's not about marriage nor divorce.  It doesn't have to do with how well I do at interacting.  It isn't even about what good I do in the world.
My value is rooted in the fact that God says that I have value.  And just as He was able to speak light.  And water.  And land.  And animals.  And all that exists.  His saying so makes it real.  Not because others will agree.  But because the value is built inside of me.  Inside of each of us.  No matter who.
We are valuable because He made us in His image.  Able to feel.  To think.  To decide.  To choose.  To love.  To discern.
I am valuable.  To Him.
And He is valuable to the world through me.  He can use every little thing about me...good, bad, ugly, attractive, painful, joyful.....EVERY thing...to draw the world closer to Him.  To show Himself.  To bring Himself glory.
I have value because I am a container through which the God of the universe has chosen to reach out to the world.  So are you.  He loves you.
You are valuable.  No matter what is going on or how people are treating you.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.