Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, October 26, 2012

out of the shadow, into the light.

i have a place that i am supposed to be in this world.  a purpose.  i have spent a long time trying to keep someone else happy.  someone else shining.  someone else being successful.
but i have to remember that doing that is not wrong.  what made it wrong was how he took it and didn't give.  how he hurt me.  how he wouldn't hear.
i am so brave.  so very very brave.  full of it.  ;)  but sometimes, i just want to lay down and give up. other times, i rise.  i will rise more frequently as time goes by.  yes, i will. i will go forth.  with joy. i will find purpose.  true purpose.  not in only lifting up others.  but in lifting up the me that god created. actually, allowing him to lift up my head.  what i am supposed to do.  what i was created to be.
he loves me.  made me.  holds me.
he gives me strength.  and he is....proud of me.
and though that man did these things....and though i was an accomplice in it....i am brave enough to let go of that and live.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.