Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ladies night

Made it through without losing it.  Pretty amazing.  I wanted to share, but they don't really see me.  I am quiet.  I blend easily.  Totally who I am.  And...I'm getting comfortable with that.  In a good way.  Not in a hiding sort of way.  I don't do that great in groups, but I'm working on it.  I'm learning to just be present.  Not wish for something.  Not think that I should be doing more to connect.  Just being there.  And laughing.  And hanging out.  And eating pie.  And learning about things that I don't know that much about.....I have friends that will talk about anything.  They will say things that I can't imagine verbalizing.  They are good for me.  But, they don't know.  They don't know who he is.  They don't know what I lived through.  I have one friend that connects with another....talks about how their relationships are similar.  I brought my Lundy Bancroft books and she thought that they belonged to my friend.  She can't reconcile that they could belong to me. 
I did look for an opening.  It must not have been the night. Or maybe I'm a coward.  Don't really know.  Just didn't seem appropriate.  Maybe it's just that it wouldn't be right. 
Nonetheless, it was nice to see them.  Even if they don't always see me.  I am not invisible.  I'm just....low maintenance.  It makes me less vibrant in their view.  Less visible. 
I am not invisible.  I am precious.  Jesus loves me.  Hears me.  Weeps with me.  And sends me arms in friends. 
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.