Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

loving where i am

i am also learning to love where i am.  how i am.  what is.  i don't have it together.  i can't control any of the people in my life and whether they will stay or go.  i can't even deal with whether or not they will be my genuine friend for good or simply passersby.  i can't make everything good.  i can't be less tired.  i can't work hard enough to make things happen.  but i can learn to be present.  i can love where i am, how i am and what i am.  i will figure it out a little bit at a time.
i want to love where i am.  day by day.  to treasure these moments.  some of the moments are pretty hard.  as a matter of fact, some of them are downright unbearable.
but i am learning. practicing.  i am giving it huge effort.  i am choosing to love my life.  i didn't end up in bed after he knocked on our door last night.  i decide to purposefully, intentionally, blow it off in my mind. 
i gave a lot of my life to that drama and arguing and troubled times.  i don't want to stay there.  i want to love life.  love god.  love.  be thankful.  be joyful.  i want to live a life that makes me proud.  and mostly...that makes god proud.  he made me to be me.
so..here's to loving where i am.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.