Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, October 22, 2012

work week

it's hard for me to get up  in mornings.  to get going.  to get kids going.  it takes a vast amount of dedication and commitment.  it takes knowing that doing the hard thing propels me into a day of blessings.  because frankly, i've been at a stage where just staying in bed, eating, moping, hanging out...is pretty good.  it feels good.  but......not really.  because it doesn't satisfy.  it doesn't allow me to see god at work.  it doesn't give me purpose.
and, getting up, walking out of my room, getting my kids up, making sure that i am ready to go with lunch and all....it means that i give myself the opportunity to be used of god.  to make a difference in lives.  to love and give.
and it's not easy to take those first steps.  to choose to keep my eyes open in the five o'clock hours.  to smile and be cheery getting my kids going.  to be positive when all i want to say is...let's all go back to bed.  let's just watch movies and read books and let the world go on around us. 
but i do get up.  and that says a lot about my character.  i've been the one doing this for years.  getting the kids to school on time.  teaching them the respect and commitment involved in making it somewhere punctually.  with respect.  i have done it well.  they go to work on time.  they go to school on time...even when i'm not around.  even when they are tired. 
yes, there are struggles.  big struggles.  huge struggles.  without a doubt.
but somehow those struggles are overcome.  they are made small by comparison to the benefits of actually participating in life and not sitting out.
there are days to sit out.  but not during my work week.
i get to work.  i never forget what a gift that is.  i choose to remember it.  to think on it.  to be thankful for it.  even when it means doing really difficult things.  things that feel too big.  nothing is impossible with god...especially when it's something that he has called me to do.  he provides the way. 
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.