Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sickness and Health. Richer and Poorer.

I have been healthy and sick since I've been unmarried.  I have been richer and poorer.  I have wondered how to make it on both fronts...health and money.  I have prayed.  I have rested.  And honestly, for the first time in many years, whether I'm sick or well, struggling or in abundance....I have a sense of peace.  A peaceful heart.  Though I don't know how it will all work out in times to come.  Or even tomorrow.  I just know that it will.  And being sick when I'm not married is a lot easier in that I don't have the disappointment that he doesn't get it.  I feel free.  Oh sure, sometimes it would be nice to have someone that grabs me that cup of tea...which I really want right now but simply can't get up to do even one more thing.....or fluffs my pillows...or whatever.  But, I never had that, so, it's not that big of a deal.
I am content.  Joyfully so.  Though life isn't easy or predictable.  And my kids are getting more peaceful...over time.  They swing back and forth, but overall, we have crossed some great hurdles.  I have seen more smiles in the last couple of weeks.  One son is jazzed about playing games with friends.  Another that he is driving.  My daughter has a boatload of friends and loves singing.  Life...though difficult...is good.  Very good.  I'm really ill though.  But, only two more days until the weekend. 
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.