Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

shaking off the idea of lazy

i spent so many years feeling that any down time was considered lazy.  and even now, there is this residual guilt...as if i can feel those accusing eyes piercing into me, letting me know that not being productive, not doing, is lazy.  it is an unforgivable thing.  a taint on character. 
busyness. 
life was not purposeful, but busy.  always having to have actions.  to prove how time was spent.  it was exhausting.
i worked hard this last week.
really hard. 
i work hard every week.
and today, i'm still in pj's.  i even drove my boys to work in my pj's.  i'm having coffee.  eating breakfast.  watching some shows.  kicked back.  thinking of what i might choose to do later in the day if i become so inclined...though at the moment, that seems like it's not going to happen.  i want to connect with people.  have time to rest.  just not be driven DO anything.  i may choose something when i feel rested, but it is the being driven that disturbs me.
i am weary.  i am worth rest time.  even when my house isn't perfect.  and while some may think it lazy....oh well, if i'm lazy, they don't have to like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.