Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

with a hope and a prayer

i look at my boys that have worked so far for 19 hours each this weekend.  my 14 year old daughter put in eight hours.  the boys are not off putting in three more.  Two days.  21 hours.  wow.  that's the kind of stuff men are expected to do.  they are bone tired.  i am happy about that.  very.  they need the responsibility.  they also need for their minds and bodies to be useful.  not in front of electronics.  they need to feel valued and useful.
so, they were at work and their dad brought in there little nephews.  my one son bought more tickets for the kids to do another ride.  made me wonder if he felt like they were being parceled out too ungenerously.  but he just said that he wanted them to have another ride.  he's a good uncle.
seeing the boys work.  seeing them go to a job together. seeing my son drive.  seeing my son do for his nephews. these things give hope to my prayers that they will again be ok.  not be all for themselves but see others.
i worked hard this weekend. they don't get it.  but, my daughter is getting it.  she is beginning to see. and in two years it will be just the two of us.  so.....we have things to figure out.  she does not want me to sell the house.  it's her home. i will honor that as much as i can.
i have some friends that i love dearly.  glad to be loved back.  it gives my heart hope as well.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.