Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Healing Takes Time and Energy

Today I was looking for a quick fix.  I KNOW that things are going to be ok.  I UNDERSTAND that I can make new choices.  I know that peace is mine.  I know that it's getting better.  But I can't shake the heaviness.  The not being able to face doing much at a time.  I was feeling rather down about it.  Because I want to be well. I want to be healthy.  I want to live.  I want to get some things done.
And then that voice whispered, "it takes time."  Healing takes time.  It takes energy from the body.  When I had the flu a couple of years ago, there was no way I was getting up and getting going.  My body had to get better.  And though this is emotional pain, my body still has to get better.  It's like having a deep injury and needing rehab to get it back to working right.  A little exercise at a time.  Working at it.  AND resting too.
Giving grace to myself to take that time is difficult.  Have a mountain of want to do's.  Especially since I have been paralyzed for so long.  But, now that I'm not paralyzed, I want to do it all today and get overwhelmed when one little thing takes it all out of me.  Instead....I'm going to celebrate those little things.
from grace with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.