Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

In My Corner part 2

I wrote about people being in my corner....or rather, not being....awhile back.  You know, my aunt finally wrote back and it was hard.  About how she made a mistake by divorcing.  About how maybe this time will allow us to be together again after separating.  And I felt that sense again.  Of not being heard.  Of hurting and not being allowed to be comforted.
And this is just the beginning.  When he tells his family, they are going to be upset.  And in every part, I get to be blamed.  Seriously, you'd think I'd be used to it, but it still hurts.
A friend that I confided in now avoids serious topics with me.  Another that used to hug me even if she had to come find me, now turns the other way.  My married friends are the ones who are going to have the hardest time.  I get that.  Like it's catching.
But, when can I expect to quit missing that sense that I'm not standing like David and his slingshot?  Me.  With God there.  Leading me.  Yes, showing me what life is meant to be.  But, it's like walking through hell.....so, I guess I'd better keep walking because I sure as heck am NOT staying in this circumstance.
My mind is made up.  Whether people get it or not.  It's the first time in years that I have a sense of peace about a decision.  Weird though that is.
But......my corner is not as full as his.  Oh well.  I'm more content in that than staying in this situation.  He is charming.  People are drawn to him and his stories and outgoingness.  And I just have to let go of that.  Even when it's my family, my friends....those that I thought were "mine".  At best, I have some that I get to at least share.  That's something.  Perhaps I could pay a coach? ;)  Nah.  I'll just be patient.
grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.