Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Doing the Firsts

First Easter.  check.
First birthday.  check.
Nothing like hitting it hard by getting some awkward celebrations out of the way right off the bat. Most people probably don't get two at once.  But hey, I'm an overachiever.
Doing it right away gives everyone this one message....it's doable.  It doesn't have to be crappy.  Life can be just fine.  Though it's different.
I did something else today...my first bath back in my old bathroom.  Have my stuff in there.  Stripped down that shower curtain that I had gotten that I didn't get the curtains because he thought that I shouldn't spend more money....was all, "where did you get that?" when I brought home the shower curtain.  blah.  Anyway, took that baby down and threw it in the washer.  Put up a nice bright cheery pink floral piece of fabric.  Filled my mega tub.  And I think that I got warm for the first time in a very long time.  Whew.  Nice.  It was still hard.  But...it was possible.
I still have to get this bed down.  But, having been the only one to move it other times...I KNOW how much energy it takes.  I think that I'll rest today.  If it strikes me later on, I'll do it.  It can wait til the end of the week.  Right now it's just like a middle of the room storage table. ;)  I love to repurpose things.  I like having my little bed.  For now.  I feel safe and secure.  Snug.  It's nice when you have a bed when you haven't had a bed.  Makes you less picky.
More firsts will come.  And then they will pass.  It will be healing.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.