Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, April 6, 2012

I Rock....cuz I'm standin' on it.

Hey hey hey.  I have worked hard today.   For me.  For my kids.  I went to the store and bought what I needed and I didn't worry.  I didn't second guess myself.  It felt sooooooo   goooooood.  Very good.  It released something.  Something good.  To remember who I am a little bit more.  I didn't overspend.  I got the paint I needed.  I got a pair of scissors...because go figure, we never have a pair.
Today I have straightened all of the computer cords, moved the desk, emptied the desk, cleaned out the loveseat.  Emailed him in response to what towels etc he can have.  I have done the HARD things.  And it's hard.  Still.  And yet...it is a good kind of hard.
Oh, and I painted a great chair and am getting creative with how to use the chair.
Dragged the entry way carpet out into the sun.  Got a recliner ready to go.  Went through pictures.  Gave him a photo album....didn't put it together for him.
Burned credit cards. And check book.  Had a fire in the fireplace.  Made the house smell better.  And celebrated.  I will have a place again.  A unique and different room. I'll figure it out.
And I figured out how to take care of the kids this weekend.  I am doing well.  Standing strong.  Standing firm.  Standing on promises.  The Rock.
And I am not swayed.  And I DO love.  And I DO forgive.  But, that doesn't mean that I have to live as I have.
Rock on.
grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.