Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Burial

After feeling sorry for myself about the unfairness of it all....I did what a parent does.  Put on shoes.  Grabbed a shovel.  Dug a hole.  Went and got the chicks.  Put them in the hole.  Covered it up.  Used rocks too.  Put away the shovel.  Went back into the house.  I know that my son will still know that they are gone.  But he won't have to deal with the hard part.  Dead chicks are very sad looking.  Especially here near Easter when they are supposed to be cute little gifts.
My nearly ex thanked me last night for calling him.  I called him for one reason only....to see if he knew about these chicks and so that he would take care of them.  No, he didn't know.  And obviously, once he did know...he didn't take care of them.  The mama is already back on a nest again.
I wish he'd move to Texas and live on a farm with his brother.  They could take care of animals and whatever.  I'm just stressed enough and having to deal with this from here on out??? I do not relish the thought.  Sure, having chicks is fun.  When they are cared for.  When the setup is ready.  When you actually know that you are planning on it.  Don't worry...he basically blamed it on me "because he is so busy" with all of this "stuff."
I won't repeat the words I've said in my head a dozen times today.  Ok, shouted a few times too alone in my house.  But I will say that it was satisfying in a silly sort of a way.
Just make it through Saturday....I put the dishes on his bed.  Put some boxes by it.  Subtle?  hahahahhahaa.  Now I have to empty the dresser.  Went and got the boxes so I could.  As if I want the dresser in the room that he has been using???  aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!  But, this is the hard part of the part that is coming....he has a place.  250 ft2.  It's smaller than my great room.  And I found him houses of his own to have.  But he is going to save his money.  He wants to "rescue" me.  He wants to show that I'm going to blow it.  Keeps implying that i don't have what it takes.  But...he's not the final answer.  I don't have to have what it takes.  I have the One who more than covers my weaknesses.  And who knows me.  And who cares for me.  I trust Him.
Now, as usual, I get to tell my kids that the babies died.  Get to be nice and not say, "because your dad was a jerk and didn't take the time to be sure that they were safe."  Lucky me.  But the thing is....they know.  They can draw their own conclusions.
grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.