Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Kids

My kids have a way of making everything in my world so much better.  They came home and the oldest at home says, you know, if he's leaving Saturday, why do we even have those chickens? Call KFC.  hahahhahahahahaha.  And my daughter picks it up and says, "and it will be so awkward to be on the phone with him saying that sure everything is going fine while the butcher is in the background killing the chickens."  They laughed so hard.  And...blessedly for me, they get it.  They know about the "toxic" things that destroy peace and joy.  That does NOT mean that they do not love their dad.  Nor want him to love them.  They do.  But they get it.  And they made me smile.  A real smile.  For the first time today.  It has been a hard day.  Have to have the hard days.  Then come the other days.  That's how life works.
I am blessed.  Truly.  I raised these kids.  I've done a good job.  Because I prayed.  And God blessed them.  Was their Father.  Found some things that I had written as I was cleaning out the dresser...and I"ve been dealing with this crap for a long time.  Time to clean out the barn.  Use it to fertilize new growth.  Time to move on.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.