Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Therapy

Some people go to a counselor.  Some a psychiatrist.  Some a pastor.  Some exercise.  Some eat.  (I do this some, too.)  But, I burn the weeds.  Tis the season.  It is VERY therapeutic.  Cleansing.  Of course, I don't have a big field to burn anymore.  So, I had to make my patio/garden area suffice.  It was good.  Although, I am not sure that going barefoot and using a garden hose to dampen things is the way to go.  But hey, works for me.  Well, it did.
Until I then decided to empty the huge old wooden tool box turned planter.  The dirt was stuck.  So I tried tipping it a different angle.  It was too heavy for me.  I dropped it.  Remember my bare feet?  Yes.  On my foot. And, I was standing on the bricks.  OUCH.  I really thought that I had broken my foot.  My son heard me and ran out.  Good boy he is.  Of course, he laughed too.  He is my child.  ;)
Anyway, all to say that sometimes matches, dried grass/weeds and a garden hose.  The trick is finding what works for you.  I found this outlet quite by accident at a friend's country home.  There was stress even all of those years ago.....glad I found a way to kind of re-enact it.  It was....satisfying.
blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.