Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Allowed

I am allowed to have my own feelings.  For my own reasons.  I am allowed to live freely and free from constant criticism.  I am allowed to pursue joy.  I am allowed to make choices that directly affect me.  I am allowed to think for myself.  I am allowed to put myself in a place and a position where I feel safe.  I am allowed to say what I need to say.  I am allowed to say no.  I am allowed to say yes.  I am allowed to fail....and not be a failure.  I am allowed to be a believer...even when I struggle with doubts.  I am allowed to be loved when I don't measure up.  I am allowed to give grace.  I am allowed to live fully.  I am allowed to live my own life.  I am allowed to grow.  Allowed to change.  And to change my mind.  Or my style.  Or my feelings.  Or....anything.  I am allowed to be dissatisfied.  I am allowed to keep trying.  I am allowed to give up.  I am allowed to back off.  I am allowed to want to be found.  I am allowed to be me.  Free from critique or criticism.  I am allowed to be liked for being me.  Because...the thing is.....I don't have to ask for permission.  I am an adult.  I am free. 
Why is it so easy to forget?
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.