Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Hurt Feelings

You know, sometimes the pain just keeps coming.  I often think that I am over being able to "have my feelings hurt"...that I am growing up and learning how to cope with the wide variety of messages that come along in life.  But, you know, sometimes thing after thing just threatens to knock me off of my feet.  Today was kind of a rough day.  But it's nearly time to go get my kids.  And time for me to realize that I can't control circumstances, but I can control moping.  I am just sadder than I thought I could be. 
Maybe a nap?  Ha.  No, life goes on.  And the hits might keep coming.  I need to flee to the Shelter of the Most High.  But, I also need to figure out what I should do about the cannons that keep firing in my direction.  Perhaps there is a way to take them out of commission?  I hope so. 
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.