Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Job Interview

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I was so overwhelmed, so......depressed.....after I got word that I have a job interview.  The responsibility?  The nervousness of the interview?  I really sucked at my last interview.  But, I was too tired and too emotionally drained to figure it out.  I didn't tell my kids.  I certainly didn't tell my husband.  Then, I had a good night's sleep.  Whew.  And I get it.  At least in part.  If  have a job, I will truly be able to decide which direction I'm going in maritally.  And I want a separation.  I don't know if it's forever, but I know that I need the time to simply heal  and get good rest and do what I need to do.  And the other thing is that I don't want to tell him about the job interview because my getting a paying job is about the only thing he cares about about me.  This last week he was asking me if I was subbing...each day.....and I know that as the week went on and I said no, he was frustrated. 
So, I have an interview.  Getting the job or not, it's a good experience.  And, whether I feel ready or not, I know that I can teach.  I can do it.  AND, I'd get time off for holidays and summer.  Who doesn't love that?  If I taught a half session of summer school, I would get to take the kids on a nice vacation.  Hard to get my hopes up.  I think that that is part of the problem.  I know that what they really want is for me to go back to school.  To be "modernized."  But, I'll just have to find somewhere that will take me as I am.  Because I don't have it in me to get another degree this year.  But, God knows that.  And He knows me.  And, I fear the feeling that I will never be allowed to get a job until I perform.....yet, God isn't like that.  I'll just rest and let Him love me.  And, job or not, I will be fine. 
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.