Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Patience...a Virtue

Patience IS a virtue.  But, patience doesn't mean failing to act.  It means seeing that action isn't always being busy.  It means knowing where you are headed and being willing (lucky I just looked back; I had written "busty" instead of "busy") and being willing to wait for what is best instead of jut grabbing at every single thing that comes along.  It means that when I'm subbing, I am being patient when I set a goal for where I am going to work and then wait to fill the spots with those schools instead of filling my schedule with jobs that make me nervous and uncomfortable.  But, it takes patience.  And faith.  It takes knowing who I am.  And being ok with that.  Much like meekness isn't being a wimp, patience isn't doing nothing...it is doing something specific.  Using energy on what is excellent, not on everything that enters my life.
I am patient.  Surprised me, actually.  And, God is faithful.  The jobs that I am looking for trickle on in just in time to keep me working the optimum amount of time.  Just what I need.  Perfect.  Used to think that practice made perfect....turns out that patience makes perfect. 
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.