Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Me

I am uniquely created.  With parts and pieces that nobody else has.  I have purposes that nobody else can imagine.  I am full of talents and gifts, hopes and dreams.  I am able to do so many things....and the failures along the path do not diminish my importance.  I am valuable.  No amount of money could replace me.  Yet, I don't really know how to put a finger on exactly what my purpose in the world is.  If I were to be gone today, I'm not exactly sure what mark I would have left.  It doesn't really matter though.  Just living and loving is enough.  But I do have to try to remember my importance.  Not because I need to bolster my ego, but because remembering allows me to allow myself to dream big dreams and try hard things. 
Sometimes it feels like it's not enough just being me.  That I disappoint. That I'm not smart enough . Or pretty enough.  Or talented enough.  I allow me to be defined by those outside of me.  And that is simply wrong.  Nobody else was made to be me.  Nobody else knows what me should be.  And those who really choose to love me will want to make me into the best me...not into the best them. 
I'm me.  Who are you? 
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.