Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, October 31, 2011

I Love My Kids

It's Halloween.  And my kids are going trick or treating.  Did I mention that one of them is in his third year of college?  hahahhaa.  It's so much fun.  So delightful.  First, chili and fruit.  Maybe they will finally eat more??? Or maybe not.  You know how it goes.  We provide it but it doesn't mean they eat it.  But what a wonderful thing that they remember the fun and want to keep it up.  Makes me think how fun it will be with their kids too.  What a good thought.
Getting ready is 75% of the fun.  Seriously, we have a box of costumes and pieces and they absolutely love doing it......with great delight.  And laughter.  And total abandon without fear of being stupid.  I really like that.
I was thinking today how I have raised them to go after their passions.  Go after the things that God has put inside of them that make them uniquely them.  I am proud of that.  Proud that they are doing so.  Proud that they aren't afraid of risk.  On Halloween.  Or the other 364 days of the year.  Not afraid to be themselves.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.