Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, October 10, 2011

An Invitation

People who create, who write music, who take pictures, who sculpt  statues, who take what is inside of them and try to apply it to something in the world to tell a story, or explain a thought, or a hope, or a dream, or a nightmare, or a pain......people who put what is on the inside of them outside like that......are writing an invitation.  They are inviting people in the world to see how they think, work, tick.  They are shining a spotlight on their soul and saying, "come see who I am."  So many people fail to respond to the invite.  They don't understand what a gift it is to be asked.  To be shown.  To be trusted.  Some people are uncomfortable.  "Private things should remain private."  Others are afraid that attending will break something loose inside of them.  Still others simply can't look at anyone who thinks or feels differently than them.  But, the invitations are still there.  They are all around us, day in and day out.  Inviting us to take part in someone's life.  When I write, I invite people to browse around in my heart, to sit in a comfy chair and put their feet up.  When I write, it is the most hospitable thing I've ever done....because it's not just inviting someone into my home, it's inviting them into my experience. 
All around us, others are doing the same thing with their gifts and talents.  Perhaps we need to slow down and enjoy the hospitality.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.