Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Time

This whole, "opening up the room thing" took me weeks to work out in my mind.  Much like my writing.  Or my words in general.  By the time I get to them, they have been mulling around in my mind, growing, changing, having the kinks worked out.  I "work" most when I am alone and apparently "being lazy".  Yet another thing that I am having to learn....relearn....about myself.  I am a "need time to just be and let my thoughts work" kind of person.  Whether it's changing the living room or working the deep things of life.  Time to pray.  Time to mull.  Time.  When hurting it is a natural response of mine to try to stay busy.  To try to avoid the mental and emotional hurt by getting my mind on something else.  But, it doesn't work.  It just stretches my mind and emotions to the breaking point.  I need to learn to take the time.  To allow myself the time.  And to allow my friends to take the time with me.  I seem to be in a rush to get in and get out when I'm really hurting.  Time.  Taking my time helps me.  Calms me.  Lets me cry.  Lets me laugh.  Lets me think.  Lets me veg.  It helps.  I'm going to be good to myself and take it.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.