Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Growing Up

It's quite a miracle.  I think that I'm growing up a little bit.  I had always associated it with growing cynical or hard...and I don't want to do that, ever.  It's easy to lean that way when being hurt, but really, I like the tender side of life.  The side that says that there is hope.  That looks for good things.
How will I keep that sense and still get out from under the troubles of my marriage?  I am not sure, but I know that it can be done.  Because it's important to me.  I mean, what is the point of getting out of it or away from the "ickiness" if I BECOME the ickiness?
My husband has issues.  That's all there is to it.  And I can't fix them.  Well, get me a mallet, and I can try.  But, seriously, he doesn't really want to fix anything.  He just wants me to go back to making life feel good.  Feel right.  Feel....successful.  But I was to do good, do right and be successful....not just manufacture a facade of those things.  I want to live.  I want to breathe.  I want to know that it's ok for me to do so.  Not constantly looking over my shoulder awaiting judgement on what I am or am not doing.  It's....wearing.  And it sucks life right out of me.  Like he has a straw pushed into my heart and soul.  I'm expecting to hear a sucking sound any moment saying that he drained it dry. 
Or, maybe I'm not.  Because I am making new choices.  New directions.  New responsibilities.  It's going to be good.  I choose it.  I want to grow up, not grow mean.  Grow in kindness.  Grow in strength.  I want to be me.  Not a reflection of what I am being because someone has been mean to me. 
grace to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.