Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

When Figurative Meets Literal

In my last post, I talked about stepping in dog poop.  I know, not the best metaphor maybe, but it was what came to me to describe how a bad experience regarding my husband "lingers" with me.  Well, awhile ago, I went out to the chicken yard to get some firewood since the weather is supposed to change.  Carried in a fair amount.  Started a fire.  While I was starting a fire, I noticed the........aroma.  I looked at my dogs.  They didn't look guilty.  The cats were outside.  I began searching around the room for "presents".  Nope.  Whew.  Crisis averted.  Or so I thought.
When I went out again to retrieve more wood, I noticed it.  Don't know how it escaped my noticing before.  A great big dog pile right there by I the pile of wood.  I laughed at the irony.  That what was happening to me figuratively had just happened literally.  I completely unexpectedly and unknowingly had stepped in doggy doo.  And I had been living with the effects of my error.  But, ya know what?  When I realized what had happened in the literal world, I literally  TOOK OFF MY SHOES!! Now, I need to learn how to do that figuratively.  Because I don't want to just live with the stink.  I want to get rid of it.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.