Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Anger

I think that anger has a place in my life.  I actually am not an angry type of person.  I prefer to live peacefully.  I like calmness.  I like being able to simply talk things out.  I can usually give the benefit of the doubt.  It's not so much having a long fuse, but not really wanting to light the fuse.  But there is a place in my life for anger. 
When a child is being misused, abused, mistreated......in any way, shape or form. 
When a person is being belittled incessantly.  Bullied.  Hate it.
When someone bigger and stronger picks on someone smaller.
Yes, all of the normal things.
But there is one other thing.  It is when someone does not own what or who he is.  When he blames others, the past or simply denies that that is how he is.  Drives me crazy.  Makes me angry.  But, with this kind of person, there is no fighting.  Oh, I've fought.  I've reasoned.  I've tried.  Really tried.  But there is no reason.   That is what makes me so angry.  All truth is twisted.  Everything has to revolve around his ideas of how things are or should be. 
As far as it is dependent on me, I will live peacefully.  And sometimes that means keeping myself from situations that have those people who want to create trauma and drama.  Who won't take responsibility, but will stir everyone up.....
I crave peace.  Calm.  No anxiety.  Gentleness.  Generousness....not talking about money particularly, but time, actions etc....And I don't need to live trying to figure out the answers for someone else's troubled mind.  I can't do it.  I've tried for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.