Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

When I Fall Down

I've realized that most of my life I have figured that if I fall down, I am going to have to get back up.  I used to think that I had to do that on my own.  But, years ago, God saw fit to send a really great lady into my life when I was just a kid.  She was a safety net.  She taught me how to need people.  Fast forward on to college, and I had great friends.  I needed them and they me.  It was a good time of growth and learning to stand while also learning to lean.  Then came marriage.  And babies in the baby carriage.  And, for awhile it was a really dry spell.
I cried a lot those first years.  I was incredibly lonely.  Nothing more pathetic than a mama at the mall with her kids all by herself.  Oh, except for the same mama at the park with her kids, all by herself. 
Funny, I prayed to have that hole in my heart filled.  And it was.  When I fall down, I don't have to get up all alone.  Sometimes, I choose to.  Sometimes, I withdraw.  Sometimes, I am a complete horse's butt.  Not because I don't need the help, but because in these ensuing years I have begun to question my value more and more.  But now, I take a deep breath.  I ask myself what I really want and what I really need.  Then, I try to do that instead of running away or trying to go it alone.  When I fall down, my friends laugh.  Literally.  With me.  At me.  They make me smile again.  At least as best as I can.  For that, every day.  Every moment.  I am so very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.