Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A New Day

I love new days.  It doesn't really take much in life to make me feel content.  I am not one who has to have a lot.  I am not one who is hard to please.  But, I had forgotten that.  I remember it today as a new day dawns and I find myself ever so thankful.  I am a thankful person.  Deep down to my toes. 
This day holds all kinds of possibility.  It holds hope.  It holds laughter.  It holds my dear children.  No matter how heavy my heart is, that is always enough to get me up, get me going, make me think of adventures.  Make me think of how to encourage them, grow them. 
Simply being thankful for a new day reminded me a bit of who I really am.  I am not someone who is unworthy of love.  I have many faults, but basically, I am a loving and fun loving person.  Basically, I am pretty easy.  I was never hard to get along with.  The stressful self came post marriage.  Finding how to banish her is my goal.  I want to be me.  Not what someone else wants me to be.  Because, for good or for bad, I like me and I think that she, as she is, has a purpose in this world. 
So, off to a day full of surprises.  Smiles.  Troubles.  Blessings.  A day full of everything that I need for life.  A gift.  Breath.  Living.  Today.  All I have is today. This new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.