Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Gone Country

So, the tunes I turned on turned out to be the country station. Good for me.....never fails to make me smile.  Ever.  Even on the worst days.  Got my son going too.  What funny verses there are.  Maybe they are so funny because they are so true?
But, on to important things....as I went back to my work in the living room, two things happened.  1)husband called and said he'd be working very late. Breath. Deep breath.  Lifted weight.  2)I found a notebook that my grandpa had written notes in.  I had never read it before.  Just looks like a little black notebook.  Probably thought that it was an address book.  It wasn't.  It has his thoughts.  Some of his Bible studies.  I opened to a page entitled, "Love Lifted Me."  Talk about tears.  Talk about God answering. 
Yes, here in the midst of my not knowing how to do or be what I am "supposed" to be, God sent me tangible reminders of love.  What a blessing.  It may sound small, but to me, it was a miracle. 
Hope that your deepest heart needs are met today.  That the answers are bigger than the problems.  You are loved.  And nothing, absolutely nothing, is too big or too bad to talk to the Father about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.