Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hugs and Other Gifts

I get to work with kids.  Some of them are emotionally troubled.  Some of them really just need some t.l.c. There is one little boy who sits on my lap almost daily.  He has learned to ask for what he needs.  A little girl has followed his example.  And then....today, out of the blue, one of the kids that breaks my heart the most wanted in on the hug fest.  Wow.  It was amazing.  A gift of great proportions.  I've never seen him trust or be vulnerable with anyone. 
Hugs are needed.  They build us up.  Help us to stand strong when the world is all wobbly.  Kids need them.  Grown ups too. 
A simple hug.  Given with love and understanding.  Great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.