Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ouch

I am not all about stuff.  I give it up pretty easily.  But today, my grandpa's wedding band that I wear as a thumb ring fell off......somewhere.  It is killer.  My heart is crushed.  There is no way to explain what it means to me.  How it is a comfort through all of my things in life.  How just touching it reminds me of a good man....who loved me.  How it comforts.  My most valuable possession. Really.  Strangely.  Many things are more costly.  But that was precious.  But I will leave this problem with God.  I've looked.  Others have looked.  I will pray.  But I will let it go.  If I can.  Sadness overwhelms me.  The tears fall freely.  But, what can I say?  What will change it?  Gotta keep living.  I can always buy myself one to remind me.  Maybe I will if I don't find it by next month.  He would have bought me one if he knew.....so, maybe I'll do that in remembrance of him. 
Sorrow.  Tangible.  Gotta breathe.  It'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.