Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Would That I Could

Lord, I would come before you with beautiful singing, but alas, my voice quakes and my tune is oft off key.
And I would dance before you merrily and with great delight, exulting in the freedom that You bring to life, the exuberance and sense of well being even in the midst of storms, but my sense of rhythm causes me to be clumsy and not as beautiful as you would deserve.
I would show off to the world how wonderful you are by my great beauty, but I am only average....acceptable enough, not hideous, but certainly not worthy of being Your poster child.
I would make great works of art to lead people to see You more clearly, to understand Your being, Your amazing love, but I am  not artist, my works are childish and without the depth of a true artist.
I would climb mountains and mount flags declaring Your sovereignty, but I am frail and unable to pass over the harsh trails.
I would erect monuments that declare Your majesty, but I am not architect nor builder.
I would do so many things to let people know how Great and Mighty and Powerful and Generous and Loving and Kind and Merciful and Gracious and All knowing and Compassionate YOU are....but I am just me.  Rather unimpressive.  No stone carver nor artisan.  No writer of songs.  No singer of hymns.  I am so small in comparison to Your greatness that nothing I could ever do or be would even be a small note in how Great You Are.  And yet......
You instead chose to use my failings. 
My weaknesses.
My cracks.
My failures.
My dreams.
My disappointments.
My tears.
You never needed me to be great to show YOUR GREATNESS.  You simply want me to be me and that allows YOU to be YOU before others.  I am small.  You are big.  Big enough for me.  Big enough for all.  I can't prove it.  I can't show it.  But YOU can. 
So, I'm happy to let YOU be God.  And I will just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.