Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cord of Three Strands

Some people walk all alone in the world.  They are surrounded by people.  They are loved, even, sometimes.  But they really exist alone.  Solitary.  Not wanting anyone to effect them.  Not allowing anyone in.  I've seen lots of christians like this.  "As long as I've got God, I'm just fine....".  But that's not what God says.  He talks about community over and over.  About helping one another.  Loving one another.  Praying for one another.  Bearing one another's  burdens. 
While God is obviously the most important factor, He says that we need the other relationships.  That's probably why losing a relationship is so horribly painful.  Death is bad.  However, it seems to me like my most painful lost relationships are not due to death.  They are due to rejection....or complete unhealthiness that demands a decision be made.  And it hurts.  Causes fretting and wondering and wishing and thinking what might have been.  And don't forget the guilt.  And shame.  Can't forget those.  But I sometimes wonder, when spending time with God, if maybe He doesn't know and expect the breaks.  Maybe He knows so well how it can look and He revels when it works...but, I'm not sure that He panics or is worried when they don't.  I think He knows how very broken we are.  How broken I am. 
And in His grace, He picks me back up.  Tells me not to give up.  To trust Him.  To keep believing that He has a plan, even if I don't see it right now.  Even if I don't understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.