Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Joy in Growing

Managed to go to a baby shower.  Did ok.  Alright, so I hunkered in near a friend and made as little small talk as possible.  But, beyond that, I laughed and enjoyed and tried to forget for a few.  But, it still nagged at me.  Those women all around who are enough.  Who are valued.  Who have husbands who cherish.  Maybe they don't, I really don't know for sure.  But many of them do.  They are gaga.  And I am happy for them.  But I also feel bereft.  Like the woman who can't conceive with all of the women around having children.  It must be so hard.  Feeling like a failure.  Though it's not their fault.  In my case, it feels like my fault.
Like I failed at basic womanhood.  Makes me cringe.  Keeps me wondering what I could possibly do.  But, right now, I can't do anything.  Because I can't keep on as it has been.  I have said this.  I have given what I could.  But giving isn't what makes it better.  So.....I guess that I am the bad one. 
How lousy is that?  I strived to be "that woman".  Too elusive for me.
But, I made it through an event.  I couldn't get warm, but I did have a good time.  Was finally able to eat.  All in all, it was a success.  It was growth.  That brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.