Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Children

Yesterday, as I was sitting with two of my little sweeties at work upon my lap, a third little boy began to inch his way off of the story carpet.  I simply waited.  Then, after moving slowly, eventually he said......"teacher, see, I'm moving closer to you."  This is the fourth child of the week to move closer because of one little boy who has had a rough life who knows how to get affection.  "Tickle me, teacher."
And last night, I listened to a song on the radio about my greatest hurts maybe being my greatest blessings in disguise.  Loved it.
Because, much like the wounded children, I have decisions to make each day.  And, much like them, I vacillate between emotions and behaviors.  Some days, I suck it up and learn to get what I need.  Somewhere.  Though everything else trembles.  Other days, I act stupid and hope that someone sees that I'm one of the hurting ones and helps me anyway.  Even if I am not acting nice, I hope that they see through the facade.
Speaking of trembling, my aunt and uncle have just lived through the Japanese earthquakes.  That whole ordeal reminds of of even when the mountains tremble....He is still God.  There have been a lot of trembling emotional mountains in the world as well as the  many physical ones.  I need to keep my eyes open.  I need to look for His hand of mercy in the midst of the trembling.  Because, truly, nothing is too big or too bad for him to make and bring good from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.