Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Rain Falls

The rain falls on the just and the unjust.  That used to really irk me.  I mean, why try hard or do anything good if everyone gets the same benefits?  The same weather.  The same opportunities.  However, though the unjust get the same rain, the same benefits, the same blessings, there is one thing that changes everything.....the peace of mind and heart to enjoy them. 
What I am learning in my life is that it's not about doing good to get good.  Lots of people get good.  And just because I'm not good doesn't mean that I'll get bad things.  But at the end of the day, when night is falling and when it's God and me, I love being able to just breathe Him in.  Just like I am.  And to know that He is right there.  Not just giving me all things, but allowing me to enjoy them!
He is not about my behavior, but my heart.  He is not worried about the little stuff.  He has it all under control. 
I simply love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.