Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Friday, March 4, 2011

the price

Tonight my cat is going to either suffer immeasurably or die.  She is the greatest mama cat in the world.  She had three kittens three days ago.  What we didn't know was that one kitten remained in her.  That kitten began to be born breech tonight.  And now it is killing her because the surgery and care she needs is 2500 to 3000.  I knew it would be a no.  Knew we don't have the money really. Well, apparently we have some savings I am not privy to....but I KNOW in my head that it's a year of junior college.  I KNOW.  But I'm the one that has to deal with my sweet children.  I'm the one that had to just stand and hold my daughter as she sobbed.  She thinks her dad is going to pay to keep her cat alive overnight so that maybe she would give birth.  Nothing doing.  He is talking to the vet about euthanizing her tonight.  Keeping those three day old kittens alive is beyond me.  But I have to try.  And I just keep shaking.  I feel sick.  I had told them to keep her overnight and we'd find a non-emergency surgery in the morning....they said we could go to the humane society.  But, it's a lot to keep her overnight.  800.  Then surgery.  I get it.  And I don't.  I wish he would try to make things right.  Wish he would say, "I'll figure it out."  Instead he put it back on me...back on the old fall to.."I wish we had more money in savings.  Then, I could do this..."
I have a lot more to say.  But if you can't say something nice.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.