Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Burn, Baby Burn

Ok, remember that offending lingerie?  Those pieces that were hanging in my closet?  They are now ash.  Literally.  Talk about a release.  A good feeling.  Tossed them in the fire place.  They kinda made me shudder.   Amazing how touching them can bring back memories.  Pains.  Pretty intense.  And I did it.  With a friend sitting by.  It rather amused me.  Freeing.  Letting go.
It actually made me think how good it would feel to let go of different things.  Not a bad idea.  Good plan.  Not in a destructive way.  Simply a...purging.  There are things that are just too hurtful.
I won't burn pictures.  I won't get rid of our history.  I will learn to allow it to be a part of my story.  To remember that ALL that has been a part of my life is part of what has made me the woman I am.  And the painful times....the painful people....they have a place.  But they donBurning...'t need to stay in my present.
Well, I might burn a few pictures.  But not all.  I'll put some away until I can cope.  I'll put some up to let my kids know that it's ok.  But not quite yet.
Too bad I can't do the same with my internal hurts...turn them to ash.
Burning is satisfying.  Purifying.  Those pieces of lingerie are gone for good.  Forever and ever.  This is a very good thing.  Brings me hope.
grace to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.