Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

That'll Be Fine

Really?  Did this just happen?  I am lying down.  Watching a little netflix.  Getting ready to go to sleep.  Husband walks up.  Asks if I have a job tomorrow.  I reply yes.  He says, "that'll be fine."  Like, do I need permission to work?  Or what could it possibly mean?  Irritating.  To say the least.
I am much wiser than I used to be.  I don't take it to heart.  But, it does give me a reality check.  A moment to stop and thin, "how was I that blind?"  How did I possibly think that was ok?  Seriously????  No way is it ok.  Healthy relationships are much more equitable.  It's not doing me a favor if he does something around the house or does something with the kids.  And, it's not up to him to approve or disapprove my actions or whether I work.
That'll be fine.  Sure.  Whatever.
Actually...it will be.  Because I decided to do it.  Because I want to do it.  Because it's somewhere that is a good place to be.  And.....for pete's sake...doesn't he get that it doesn't have anything to do with him?
Everything revolves around him in his vision.  It's too bad.  How lonley a life it must be.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.