Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Some People Will Blame My Friends

My husband.  Some people around the church.  Or in the community.  They are going to blame my friends that I want a divorce.  Some of them have gotten divorced.  Some are unhappily married.  Some are happily married.  But, people will falsely believe that I was empowered by my friends to get a divorce.  What's interesting is that it could be construed as their "fault"...but not for the reason people would think.
My friends treat me with respect.  With kindness.  They work to get to know me.  They let me know them.  They work with me and I with them through the hard times.  They forgive me.  And I them.  They laugh with me. Cry with me.  Trust me.  Allow me dignity.  I feel....equal..... with my friends.  And, over the years, the disparity in how my husband treats me and how people who are "simply" friends treat me has become great.  I notice more and more.  My husband can't ever stop and listen to me.  He twists what I say.  He makes everything I say about him.  I don't exist in his mind.  He doesn't want me.  He wants what I can give him.  From stability to sex.  Success.  Pride.
Anyway...it bothers me that others will point fingers.  But, the counselor told me to keep my eye on truth.  Don't be swayed.  I'm learning.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.