Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Life

Life as I know it has changed.  Maybe not how others view me or my life.  But inside of me.  In that place where I really live.  I am finding that peace is not always given.  Sometimes it has to be pursued, picked up, taken.  I am learning that I have to take responsibility for my own stuff.  And that I am not responsible for someone else's stuff.  I am learning that because someone says that he is sorry and I say that I forgive DOESN'T mean that life has to go back to the same old rut and habits.  I get to choose to live differently.
I am learning that sometimes letting someone fail, not covering for him, not making it all ok.....can actually allow he and God the time that they need to get together.  And....God and I too.
I am learning that the fate of the world does not rest upon my succeeding in everything.  And that "failing" is often just the precursor to another part of life being a great success.
My life has changed.  My heart has changed.
I have changed.  For the better.  No, I am not hard hearted.  No, I am not uncaring.  I have simply realized that I matter also.  And that being me is important.  I'm the only me that there is.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.