Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Facebook Official

I changed my facebook profile to say "separated" instead of married.  I guess that it doesn't matter that much since I keep it locked and I'm the only one that sees it displayed.  But....still......it mattered to me.  It felt good and freeing.  Like a weight lifted.  Like I was unbound a bit.
Kathy Silveira Escobar spoke at a Women's Conference a couple of years ago about grave clothes.  How we are called forth from the "grave" to live.  Yet, we are still wearing our grave clothes.  She talked about the pain and help it takes to remove those grave clothes.  I have been on that very journey.
Today I will read and rest and work as I choose.  I will not worry nor fret.  I don't need to.  I will look at house rentals.  I will work on writing a really good parenting plan.  Our kids deserve more than the standard fill in the lines.
I've really been "separated" for over a year and a half.  Not in the same room.  Not moving in the same circles.  Not spending our lives together.  But he views it as married.  It meets the letter of the law, I guess.  But, living with someone does not make you married.  It doesn't even make you friends.  I've been separated for a long time.  Yet, I need more separate.  I need to breathe.
It's facebook official.  Now I need to make it legally official.
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.