Our lives are a journey that we walk together not in order to become "good christian women," but rather to draw near to God so that we can reflect His light to those around us. Our stories, our paths, our dreams and our message are all unique. But we hold hands and walk boldly, fearlessly......onward...creating joy, hope, faith and peace in our wake.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Went to Church

I've gone to church three weeks in a row.  I didn't miss unless I was sick for at least a quarter of a century.  But now, just the act of going is so hard.  I was shaking today...got to the row by my friend and there wasn't room.  Ended up sitting right in front of him.  I was trembly and I was scared and I was not exactly peaceful, but I was VICTORIOUS!  I did it.  I went.  I survived.  I allow Jesus to love me.
Going out with friends today.  He has asked me three times "so, you might be going out?"  "No, I AM going out."  And he prays that he's glad we are all together at lunch.  I couldn't exactly agree in prayer.  And he walks away after lunch and doesn't help.  I make it.  I clean it up and put it away.  He is mad because I don't serve him, point him out, that I focus on the kids.  But that is how it is for now.
But I went to church.  I was very brave.  This week was really hard for some reason.  I nearly walked out like I have so many times before.  But, instead, I stepped up.  I did it.
You know....he's really not very nice to me.  Not at all.  What have I been thinking?
grace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day. Leave me a comment.